Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/28/12:

I was delayed with some errands I had to run in West Covina today.  I wasn't happy when I called in a found out that my call time for the meeting was 2pm.  When I normally workout. I told the guys that I would have to get the wod in later when I got back.  It really screwed with my head.

The rest of the day I spent in a total mind-fuck. I kept telling myself it was going to suck to workout alone.
Luckily, I was able to get done in time to get back and workout with the guys.
I pushed hard and today went well.

I have always enjoyed training partners... and I rely on them for the push.  I dont want to let them down.  Once my fitness gets up to par, I try to challenge them while training together.

I definitely do not like training alone.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a rest day and I am ready for it.

I will be visiting Kaiser tomorrow to have my knees examined by a general Doctor.  Once he sees my knees he can refer me to get an MRI.  Hopefully in the same day, most likely another day.  Either way, my foot is in the door and now I can get this knee taken care of.


Sleep:
Waking mood: Tired




















Nutrition:
Today was an experiment:  I ate only raw food (and my morning coffee).  All protein was from Fish.
Coffee with Heavy Cream
Tuna Sashimi
Brown Pear
Almond Butter
Salmon Sashimi
Bluefin Tuna Sashimi
Uni Sashimi
Squid
Quail Egg
I snuck in some rice but no more than a few ounces.

Training:
4 Rounds for time of:
500m Row
20 Russian Kettlebell Swings (32kg)
15 Shoulder to Overhead (40kg)

Results:
15:47.  This was a good burner. The first two rows were in the 1:50's the third row was 2min, and last was around 2:15  The kettlebell swings and overheads were nothing but a choice. They were just uncomfortable enough to challenge me to finish the sets unbroken.  I like testing my ability to push.  I know that as long as I am challenging my mental fortitude, I will eventually be putting up competitive times.

Cheers to Burning Shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment