Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13/12:

Today was another butt kicker.  Today was different.  It is usually all about my conditioning.  Today was all about my muscles.
It's bee a stressful day/week and it has taken its toll on me.  When I get stressed, I eat sweets.  It was definitely a challenge to stay away from them when the evening came around. Meal 4 was an effort to curb the sweet tooth.  I consumed more fat.  I am going to try to re-wire my body by eating protein and fat every time I crave carbs.  I need some better resources, since I know I shouldn't be eating Paleo Granola all the freakin time!


Nutrition:
Meal 1:
Coffee with Heavy Cream
Paleo Granola
Berries
Almond Milk
Meal 2:
2 Chicken Thighs
Zucchini
Squash
2oz of Grass-Fed Meat Balls with Pesto
Meal 3:
Porterhouse Steak Thin Cut
Brocolli
Meal 4:

Paleo Granola
Berries
Almond Milk























Training:
A: Every Min on the Min for 12 Min:
2 Handstand Push Ups
3 Deadlifts

B: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
Power Snatches (44kg)
Ball Slams (30lbs)

Results:
Part A:  I used 3 ABMATS for the Handstand Push Ups.  It was very scaled.  I wanted to do strict push ups but my current level is in that sticky point where 3 matts is easy and 2 matts is IMPOSSIBLE!  I used 140kg on the Deadlifts.  MY back started to tighten up around min 7 and stayed pretty tight throughout the rest of the workout.

Part B:  12:02. We rested about 20 min before hitting this. because of my knee I wasn't squatting to catch the ball slams... so I was basically doing the same movements between the snatch and ball slam.  My back lit up hard!  The last few sets, my back was so tight that it sucked to pick up the bar.

I know that as my conditioning gets better my muscular threshold will improve. All I have to do is keep hitting it hard.

Cheers to Spinal Erectors on Fire!


No comments:

Post a Comment