Sunday, November 4, 2012

A New Adventure!

My name is Johnny and I am the owner of CrossFit Pasadena.
My adventure in CrossFit started back in early 2005.

I was 1 year out of College and arriving at a crossroads in my life.

My career in music was not where I wanted it to be, I had just ended a relationship and at 23 years old, I weighed in at over 425lbs.

Through CrossFit and an amazing support system I was able to lose over 210lbs in 2 years time.

I was awarded my Affiliation with CrossFit in 2008 and opened my gym in 2009.  I have competed in CrossFit at all levels as have coached athletes to regional levels.

2 years ago, I chose to take my training in a more focused arena:  Weightlifting.  I began studying with the best coach in the United States Bob Takano and resolved that I would do whatever it took to get as far as I could with Weightlifting. I had made up my mind to follow my coach's rule to the best of my ability... including when he told me to gain weight.  After two years of training, I found myself competing at the National Level, The Cal State Games Champion in my weight class and weighing around 320lbs. I was also riddled with injuries.

After my last injury, I have decided to no longer compete in the sport of weightlifting.

My return to CrossFit comes with new challenges.
Yes, I would like to lose weight and get "Fit" again.  At 30 years old, I am ready to focus my training on keeping me healthy, happy and capable for the rest of my life.

There are many different factors this time around:  Running a Business in a very competitive city, Owning a home, married and searching for new motivations and ways to stay accountable.

My community is wonderful and every person in it is unique.  I have teamed up with two of the most boisterous personalities in my community as workout partners.  They never rear from sharing their brutal opinions and are bot genuinely invested in wanting to see me succeed. I am also motivated to avoid the epic public demolishment should I flake on them.

I will log in every training day and occasionally on rest days to keep track on my training as I progress.

I am motivated by my community and family.  They are one in the same.  Your words mean worlds and your continued support is priceless.  Your support is more than appreciated.

Cheers to a healthier and happier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment