Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10/30/12:


Last night, I took a warm shower and rolled out for 20 minutes on my legs before bed.  I slept in compression and woke up not as sore as I thought I would be.

I spent the majority of the day working on the gym.  Cutting matts and moving the platforms around to get everything organized, but I found that I was getting more soreness in my arms and shoulders as the day progressed. 

Dr. Choy lossened me up a bit and I went back to the gym to train:

A: 7 Rounds:
3 Power Snatches (45kg)
7 Wall Ball (20/10)
30m Farmers Carry with 24kg kettlebells

Finishing time was 13:33. 

B: Every Minute on the Minute for 10 min:
4 Burpees

Part A definitely got to my grip. Partially because of the Moving all the matts around for the last 3 days. Rounds 5-7 got tough.  I was able to do all the snatches and wall ball unbroken.  My focus was purely on pace, breathing and technique.  Every Snatch was the best I could do.  During my farmers carry I focused on breathing and conciously trying to make my body move faster.  Sometimes It worked, sometimes it didnt. 
Part B was good.  I was finishing each burpees set in roughly 12-15sec.. I am looking forward to getting faster with them as I build my capcity. 

I spent the rest of the day working on the gym.  I definitely felt low of energy today.  I was so busy I only got my first Elite Eats meal and snack in.   By the time I got done with the gym, and all the errands I had to accomplish, it was already dinner and Tiffany had some amazing pork made for me.  I poured Salsa all over it and ate about 12 ounces of it... maybe a little more than that. 

Typically, I neglect my mobility and my hydration so I am trying to make sure I have those 2 down!

I foam rolled for 10 minutes before leaving the gym and once I finish the bottle in front of me, I will have consumed 200oz of water. 

As sore as I am right now (Its difficult  to straighten my arms) I am really enjoying this.

I am looking forward to getting really good at CrossFit again! 

By the way... my client Armen hit a nasty PR of 134kg on his clean today.  Then he man-handled a wod with 100kg power cleans like it was nothing!

I really love seeing him get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment